Monday, March 19, 2012

I'm Back

OK, so I've been gone for a minute. Now I'm back again. RECAP: I've been in Jacksonville, FL for a conference due to my job. I must say I loved it! We saw so many artists, comedians, poets, and speakers. I love this aspect of my job because I get to see people showcase their talent and I can share that with others. It brings such peace to my heart to being joy to others. That's how I know what I'm doing is the right thing. It fits me ya know, like my favorite pair of jeans or my brand new "freakum" dress. What I do is who I am and Who I am is Free! That free spirit who may not look exactly like everyone else. I know I have a hard time accepting my naturally curly hair, I've always thought that I should straighten my hair so that it flows all down my back up until 6 years ago that's what I did. Then I decided to embrace me and just let my hair be. I still have a few insecurities about it but compliments and research has helped me love it so much more. This weekend a gentleman said, "why do you keep saying 'when its straight'?" "It doesn't matter what your hair looks like when you rocking the 'baby hair'!" SO I fell out laughing then realized he was right. My hair is a part of me and helps me express my personality and I love it. All I am simply saying is embrace the true you and know that you can do anything as long as your put forth effort and have a few chit chats with the man upstairs.~peace and blessings love~  

No comments:

Post a Comment